Equipment and Facilities for Research and Teaching
Please contact Jerry Overmyer (Email: email@example.com or (970)351-1512) if you would like to check-out equipment or reserve Ross 2287.
Please see current availability here. The equipment and facilities we offer are as follows:
- We provide Ross Hall, Room 2287 for Department of Natural and Health Science faculty for colloquiums, seminars, guest speakers and student study sessions. The room contains a large projection screen for digital presentations.
- We have two complete video kits available for NHS faculty and staff to use for research or educational purposes. Each video kit contains a Sony digital video camera with a four megapixel still image recording, a wireless Bluetooth microphone, and a tripod. The video kits are all contained in a neatly organized carrying case.
- Ross Hall rooms 2279 and 2287 house a large collection of mathematics and science teaching materials, including periodicals, textbooks and complete curriculum materials. Students and faculty are free to browse and borrow items. We are open M-F from 8am – 5pm.
- MAST hosts an Internet server that is the home for many Colorado and UNC based science and mathematics programs. Please contact us to see if we can meet your web-hosting needs.
- 10 Pentium III Gateway laptops, with wireless, Windows XP, and Office XP
- Field-based data collection systems:
- 12 Zire 71 Palm systems – software includes Office and Data Pro for Vernier
- Probes that connect to Palm: 6 pH, 6 dissolved Oxygen (DO), 6 substrate temperature, 6 surface temperature, 6 flow rate sensors, 6 oxygen gas sensor, 6 photogates, 6 differential voltage probes.
- Portable projectors (2)